Company Info > Employment Opportunities > DARI, PASHTO, URDU LINGUISTS
DARI, PASHTO, URDU LINGUISTS
ASET International Services, LLC (www.asetquality.com) is a leading translation, localization and conference interpreting services provider located in Arlington, VA. ASET provides a full range of language translation solutions for documentation, software, web, multimedia applications and conference interpreting services in 150+ language combinations.
We are seeking qualified Pashto, Dari and Urdu candidates for various projects and assignments for hourly and per word contract work with various government agencies. The requirements of each project vary, but may include translation, gisting, interpretation, transcription (working with audio material), and analysis. Many projects and assignments can be done from home but others would require linguists to work out of our office in Arlington, VA or at one of several government facilities throughout the US. All linguists will be subject to a translation test and/or a trial period at the onset of any project or assignment.
- You MUST be a United States citizen
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and the foreign language. Please tell us how you have demonstrated the above skills in your experience.
- Experience with gisting, interpretation, audio transcription and translating foreign language material into proper idiomatic English. Please let us know which functions you have performed and what subject matters you specialize in.
- Experience translating from English into the Foreign Language. Please detail your typing skills in the foreign language and state whether or not you have the platform to type in the language on your home PC.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelorís degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Translation and/or interpretation experience required. Please ensure this experience is detailed on your resume for full consideration.
- Compensation is competitive and varies depending on requirements for each assignment. Compensation is hourly or per word, depending on scope.
Please submit cover letter and resume with the subject line:
[your last name, first name] [INSERT FOREIGN LANGUAGE] LINGUIST to
Please be sure to include ALL relevant information in your resume.
ASET is an equal opportunity employer.
[back to Employment main page]